6.21.2013

Beginning

It’s time.  I’ve talked about doing this project for years and obsessed throughout all that time over names, blog platforms, header designs, content ideas, and scope.  All the friends and family I’ve cornered with my blog talk are by now thinking or have actually said, "For the love of god, please stop talking about your non-existent blog and start it." 

So, here is Spooning the Dish, a food blog.  The name is about the excitement of eating, like when amazing food possesses you and as manners are cast aside, your spoon takes on a life of its own (my downfall from time to time).  It’s also in reference to great conversation.  The best conversations I’ve had in life, the best storytelling I’ve heard or shared has always happened at the table. 


Most of the cooking and baking I’ll present here is based on vintage recipes from my large collection of cooking pamphlets, cookbooks, and found recipe cards.  I do a ton of scavenging in junk shops.  

Seeing as how I’m a Midwesterner, I also hope to document some of the regional food culture.  It’s kind of a secret, but there are some great eats in between the coasts.

I’m hoping Spooning the Dish will offer some laughs, some noteworthy food, interesting photography, and good stories.  If you want to know more, click on About.  

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment